Why Miley Cyrus Fans Think These Plastic Hearts Songs Are About Liam Hemsworth

Miley Cyrus is asking, "WTF Do I Know?"

After dropping her new album, Plastic Hearts, at midnight on Friday, Nov. 27, fans of the superstar singer have been decoding the lyrics to each track, including a few that appear to reference her former marriage to Liam Hemsworth. On the first track of the album, "WTF Do I Know," the 28-year-old sings, "I'm the type to drive a pickup through your mansion / I'm completely naked but I'm making it fashion / Maybe gettin' married just to cause a distraction / Here to tell you somethin' that you don't know."

As fans may recall, Cyrus and Hemsworth called it quits in Aug. 2019, after less than a year of marriage.

"Am I wrong that I moved on and I / And I don't even miss you?" Cyrus asks. "Thought that it'd be you until I die / But I let go."

Cyrus continues to reflect on the end of the relationship throughout the song. "What the f--k do I know? I'm alone / 'Cause I couldn't be somebody's hero," she belts. "You want an apology? Not from me / I had to leave you in your own misery."

After listening to the opening track, many social media users took to Twitter to talk about the song's message to Hemsworth. One fan wrote, "'wtf do i know' really came for liam hemsworth, huh?"

Another fan expressed their surprise over the song, tweeting, "Omg 'WTF do i know' is about Liam Hemsworth." While another social media user wrote to Hemsworth directly, "@LiamHemsworth you need to listen to WTF Do I Know by Miley Cyrus."

One fan also pointed out a connection between Cyrus' 2017 song "I Would Die for You" and "WTF Do I Know." In the 2017 track, Cyrus sings, "You are everything to me, and I, I would die for you." In 2020's "WTF Do I Know," the lyrics are, "Thought that it'd be you until I die / But I let go."

Post a Comment

0 Comments